A Game of Chess (Completed)

Their happily ever after

It was late night. Armaan entered his bedroom. Pankhudi was already asleep. It was dark, except for one little night lamp pouring its golden light over the sleeping woman. She looked beautiful, her dark hair spread over the pillow like a cloud, her slender delicate body looked like a golden vine forming soft ripples on the sheet as she slept. Her delicate eyelids were closed and fluttered slightly, perhaps she was dreaming. Just looking at her was the best part of his day. He sat down next to her and gently ran a hand over her, feeling her silky hair and her smooth skin. Her pregnancy had added a lovely pink glow to her cheeks.

He bent over and kissed her cheek. She was still asleep. He decided not to disturb her and walked over to the attached terrace. The location of the bungalow was close to the sea, the terrace overlooked the rocky coast. The night was dark and there was no moon. The water was pitch black, and the frothy waves roared like a demon threatening to consume all that was good in the world. Armaan stood tall and strong, like a wall between his beloved Pankhudi and anything that would try to hurt her. His guilt of having failed to protect her was tearing him apart, but he held on with whatever strength he had left, promising himself he wouldn’t let any further harm come her way.

He sat down on the chair as the cool sea breeze sang a lament. He lit a cigarette and smoked trying to calm himself. He leaned back on the cushioned chair and glanced at Pankhudi through the glass wall separating the balcony from the bedroom. She was his most prized possession.

He looked up at the stars as he smoked, then closed his eyes thinking of all the things he would do to fix the damage that was done, or avenge it. He had already got the men who raped Pankhudi, murdered and each and every copy of her videos destroyed. But he still couldn’t find Meera. He did everything in his power to make escaping the city impossible for her. After the evidence that set Neil free, the police were now after Meera. Her bank accounts and safe houses were seized, and there was a lookout for her on all escape routes. Armaan had his own men looking for Meera. They had managed to hunt down her most trusted informer. They recovered a lot of cash from him that Meera had entrusted to him, as she asked him to hold her money, till she could arrange a fake passport and visa so that she could leave the country. But now that she had lost every last bit of her money, her trusted informer dead and her network disrupted, she was like a rat on a sinking vessel and her fate almost sealed.

Armaan was willing to forgive Meera for what she did to him, but what she did to Pankhudi made her just as horrible a person as him, and Armaan was never going to forgive her for that. He just hoped he’d find her soon so that he could settle scores in the most unimaginable ways.

Pankhudi stirred as she sensed Armaan’s presence. She opened her eyes and looked at his silhouette in the balcony. She got up and walked towards him.

“When did you come?” she asked, taking small steps towards him.

Armaan smiled seeing her. “A while ago,” he said, “I’m sorry, did I wake you?”

“Don't worry about it,” she said smiling at him, “Did you eat something?”

“Yes, I did,” he said, “Thanks, Pankh.”

She sat down on his lap and put her arms around his neck. “Would you please put that out?” she said looking at the burning cigarette in his hand, “It’s not good for the baby.”

“Of course,” Armaan said at he put out the cigarette and wrapped his arms around his wife.

“Tomorrow is a special day,” she whispered in his ear, “I hope you will spend the day with me, I’ve planned a little something.”

“What’s tomorrow?” he asked.

“You forgot?” she said with a hint of disappointment, “It’s your birthday Armaan!”

“Yeah right,” he said suddenly remembering, “I am going to be forty two tomorrow. At my age, you don’t really care for birthdays, you know.”

“Well,” she said teasingly, “Just because you are an old man, doesn’t mean everything has to be boring all the time.”

Armaan laughed. He was 13 years elder to her. She was youthful and playful, while he was wise and calm.

Pankhudi rested her head against his chest. She could feel his beating heart. Armaan felt so calm holding her, he ran his fingers through her hair. She held his face between her palms and locked lips with him. She kissed him deeply and passionately. She sunk deeper into his arms, wordlessly asking him to touch her. He ran his hands down her shoulders around her arms. Then he moved over to her breasts and whispered in her ear, “May I?”

Pankhudi nodded granting him permission, and he began to sensually rub her breasts. She turned, her back now resting against his chest, she rested her head against his shoulder, exposing her neck to him. Armaan brought his lips to her neck, and Pankhudi moaned in pleasure as he licked her neck sending pleasurable sensations all over her body. She was wearing a satin night gown, Armaan traced her beautiful curves and moved his hand over her belly. Pankhudi was drowning in sexual pleasure as he lightly stroked her nipples and continued rubbing her belly, seeking her permission to proceed further. She felt his erection under her, and she opened her legs to let him touch her sweet spot.

Armaan slid a finger inside her panties and ran it along her wet slit. He felt her hard clit as she moaned louder and louder as he rubbed her with slow and sensual strokes. With each touch of his finger, she felt a wave of pleasure running through her body. She knew she was nearing orgasm, and she closed her eyes in surrender. And then suddenly it all came crashing down. The nightmares returned, along with the pain and the humiliation. The dark memory of how she was tortured, forced to call herself degrading names every time her body was forced to orgasm. The emotional damage was such that Pankhudi couldn’t have another orgasm without feeling guilt and shame. The memory of how she was raped, humiliated, degraded, and her plight laughed at, began to sting her like a million scorpions. She screamed loudly, very loudly.

Armaan stopped instantly, and got very worried. Pankhudi broke down into tears and curled up and sunk into his arms.

“I am sorry,” she cried, “I am really sorry…”

Armaan understood what had happened. “It’s alright sweetheart,” he said holding her close as she sobbed in his arms. He showered her with kisses as he rubbed her back gently, trying to pacify her.

After a while Pankhudi stopped crying. But she was very weary and emotionally drained. She fell asleep in his arms. Armaan felt stabbed in the heart to see Pankhudi’s broken condition. She loved him deeply, and always tried to hide her pain behind a sweet smile, but slowly she was coming undone. He has taken her to a psychiatrist and she had been attending therapy session to deal with her post traumatic stress disorder. But nothing seemed to be helping. Although she was cheerful most of the times, she often woke up screaming at night. She tried to fight the painful memories, he knew she did, but she was losing strength, off late it all seemed like a losing battle. Her condition was worsening, her panic attacks were now more frequent, and he felt so helpless. He held her in his arms, and closed his eyes. His mind was so agitated, but he took deep breaths to calm himself. Perhaps it was his weariness or the cool sea breeze, he drifted off to sleep.

The rays of the morning sun kissed them awake. Pankhudi woke up first and ran her delicate fingers over his face. Then she locked lips with him, till he was awake.

“Happy Birthday, Hubby,” she said with a bright smile. She shined like a diamond in the morning light.

“So,” he asked, “What has my lovely wife planned for the day?”

“Your pampering begins with a warm shower,” she said as she got off his lap and playfully tugged his hand, “Come…” she said with a smile.

Armaan followed her curiously.

She made his sit down on the bed.

“Please wait here for a few minutes till I prepare your surprise,” she said, her eyes gleaming with joy.

She sprinted inside the bathroom, while Armaan waited outside, wondering what’s got her so excited. He looked at the sea once again, now completely transformed. The sun was shining brightly, and the rays reflecting off the sea gleamed like a million pearls, just like the light and joy Pankhudi had brought to his life.

She returned after a few minutes grinning from ear to ear. She enthusiastically began to remove his clothes. He let her undress him till he was completely naked. She hurriedly took off her clothes too.

He curiously walked towards the bathroom and she stopped him again.

“Not like this,” she said and she placed her palm over his eyes, blocking his vision.

“Okay…Pankh, this is…” he said.

“Shh…quiet birthday boy,” she said as she ushered him towards the bathroom. Once they were inside, she took off her palm from over his eyes, and he could see what she had done.

“Roses and candles, wow!” he said in a rather dry tone as he looked at the cute decoration his wife had done for him.

Pankhudi immediately realized the sarcasm in his tone. Her expression dropped and she was suddenly tearful. “You didn’t like it?” she asked.

“Hey Pankh,” he said hugging her as he saw her tearful eyes, “I loved it honey, it’s just that romance has never been my thing and no one’s ever done this for me before…it’s perfect honey, thank you so much.”

Pankhudi hugged him back. She made him lie down in the bathtub filled with warm water sprinkled with rose petals. The aroma of the bath oils she had added was soothing and uplifting. She got into the tub next to him and turned on the hand shower, and lovingly began to bathe him. Armaan sat back in the tub, enjoying the pampering his sweet wife was giving him. Her doe like innocent eyes where fixed on his body as she thoroughly cleaned every inch of his skin. He wanted to touch her, hold her, but he was afraid she’d break down again. So, he just let her do what she was doing, and smiled at her cute way of expressing her love.

“So,” she asked as she finished bathing him, “What does the birthday boy want for breakfast?”

“Chocolate pancakes and a cup of hot coffee,” Armaan said with a smile. He knew Pankhudi often had decision making issues and she loved precise instructions.

“I knew you’d want that,” she replied with a twinkle in her eyes, “I’ll get them ready right away.”

After a while they were at the breakfast table enjoying pancakes.

Armaan spent the morning answering calls and responding to texts of birthday wishes. Pankhudi was just feeling happy for him.

“You wanna go out?” he asked her.

“I’d love to!” she said, “It’s been a while. Let’s go out for lunch, and I wanna go to the beach in the evening and watch the sunset.”

Armaan picked a dress for her and she got ready. She looked stunning with a little makeup. She always tried to look her best for Armaan.

Pankhudi was very fond of rooftop restaurants, especially ones near the sea. He took her to her favourite restaurant, that had the view of the beautiful Arabian sea. The smile on her face and the joy in her eyes was so rewarding for him. She ordered sea food and he loved watching her enjoy her favourite food, smile and laugh freely as she talked about how her mother cooked the best fish in the world, and how the misty smell of the sea breeze reminded her of her home.

As promised, Armaan took her to the beach in the evening. She loved walking barefoot on the sand. She was feeling free and happy. After Armaan rescued her from Meera, he didn’t allow her to go out on her own for the fear of losing her again. She had agreed too. Whenever she felt like going out, she would just ask him and he would make time for her.

She insisted on eating a roasted corn from a vendor on the beach and Armaan bought it for her. As she chewed on the corn, he smiled at how she enjoyed simple things.

“If it’s not too silly,” she said asking him hesitantly, “May I build a sand castle?”

“Whatever makes you happy sweetheart,” he said granting her permission.

Pankhudi was exhilarated. She got to come to the beach after so many days. She sat down on the moist sand and began to build her castle. Armaan sat down next to her and watched her ruin the expensive dress she was wearing in the sand, but the joy on her face was priceless. He was almost tempted to kiss her, but he held back, just enjoying her happiness from a distance.

When she finished building her castle, Armaan wanted to take a picture of her with her little creation for a memory. But she seems very disturbed the moment he pointed a camera at her, so he dropped the idea. The sun was now at the horizon, painting the sea a shade of red. Pankhudi snuggled close to Armaan and rested her head on his shoulder as they watched the sunset. The waves of the sea caressed their feet.

“So many blessings to count on,” Pankhudi said softly.

“Of them all, you are the greatest,” Armaan replied.

As the sun disappeared over the horizon, the couple walked back towards their car. Armaan drove his beloved back home.

It was dark, and Pankhudi had the servants prepare Armaan’s favourite meal for dinner. She had dinner arranged on their bedroom terrace and lit some scented candles. Armaan’s heart was filled with wonder as he observed how his wife continuously made efforts for make it special for him.

They had dinner under the starlight. He saw an emotion of deep love and devotion in Pankhudi’s eyes. She really wanted him to feel special, to feel loved, and he did.

As Armaan got onto the bed, waiting for Pankhudi as she playfully slipped behind a wooden partition in their bedroom. He could see her silhouette, and he could tell she was changing her clothes. And with the naughty look in her eyes, he could guess it was probably something sexy.

When she stepped out, he knew he was right. She was wearing a sexy lacy lingerie and looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing his favourite perfume that he could smell from a distance.

“Your final surprise for the day,” she said blushing as she stood in front of him.

He gently pulled her onto his lap and kissed her.

“You look beautiful Pankh,” he said running his hand through her hair, “But are you sure you want to?”

“Yes, I do,” she said looking into his eyes passionately, “Just like old times.”

Armaan lay her down on the soft bed and cuffed her hands apart. Pankhudi smiled in anticipation and felt a tingle in her pussy. Armaan got on top of her, mindful of her pregnancy and not putting any weight on her. He kissed her lips and moved to her neck. Pankhudi arched her back, rubbing her body against his. He removed the clasp of her bra and cupped her bare breasts.

He went back to her face and kissed her cheek.

“Close your eyes honey,” he whispered in her ear, “Surrender completely to me and let me pleasure you.”

Pankhudi smiled and closed her eyes. He tied a satin ribbon over her eyes, and continued touching her sensually. It was just like the first time with him, she was restrained and blindfolded in absolute surrender. The sweet memory of how she had given her virginity to Armaan made her blush. He touched her nipples and she moaned. With her vision blocked, her physical sensations were now even more overpowering. Her pussy was oozing with her love juices, and she opened her legs to welcome him. Every passing moment, each and every one of his touch heightened her pleasure. He pulled off her panties, and now she was completely naked, bound and blindfolded. She felt his cock ready to enter her and she gasped. But something began to stir at the back of her mind as she felt him enter her. Her heart was beating really fast, at first, she thought it was sexual excitement, but now she realized it was not. It was something else, it was something bad, something sinister. It was them, those horrors, those dark memories hitting her like a speeding dart. She began sweating and trembling. She struggled wildly against her restraints.

“Please….stop..STOP!” she screamed as she could barely breathe.

Armaan stopped immediately, he pulled out of her and released her restraints. He took off her blindfold and his heart sank. Her eyes were red and tearful. She sat up on the bed trying to breathe, trying to shake off the fear that had gripped her mind. Her heart was pounding in her chest.

She looked tearfully at Armaan. He was calm. He just grabbed her shoulders, trying to pacify her. She crawled onto his lap and hugged him tightly.

“I am sorry,” she said as she cried bitterly, “I…I am really sorry Armaan, I mess it up all the time…I…I just wanted to make you happy…I am sorry, I didn’t mean to spoil your birthday…”

“Hey sweetie,” he said rubbing her back, “It’s ok, I understand.”

“It’s been two months…” she said, her voice choking in grief, “That I didn’t let you make love to me…I was trying to make your birthday special, I was trying to be a good wife.”

Armaan was quiet. He really wanted her to calm down.

“You are a good wife Pankhudi,” he said running his hands through her hair as she sobbed against his chest, “You are a wonderful wife. You gave me more love than I even deserve. And, I love you too sweetheart, in my own crazy way, I really love you. And my love for you will never change, even if that means that never having sex with you. I will still love you the same, my sweet Pankhudi, with all my heart.”

“No! No!” she gasped, “I’d never do that to you, I am sorry…I love you and I just want you to be happy…I am sorry, I mess it up all the time…”

“Please don’t ever say sorry again,” Armaan said, “I should be the one saying sorry.”

He placed a finger under her chin and made her look at him. He wiped her tears gently with his thumb and smiled at her. “You know I just realized I never properly apologized to you Pankhudi. I am sorry, I am sorry for everything, and if you ever want to punish me, I would let you, no questions, no arguments. I’ll let you do anything to me Pankh, if you ever wish to hurt me for what I did…”

“I love you Armaan,” she interrupted him, “And you don’t hurt the people you love.” She lovingly touched his face as she spoke and smiled weakly.

“Why do you keep doing that Pankh?” he asked looking into her eyes with a piercing gaze.

“Doing what?” she asked.

“Hiding your pain behind your smile,” he said, “Talk to me Pankh, speak your mind. No matter how painful, just speak up, you know you can talk to me, right?”

She lowered her head in shame. She couldn’t speak, the truth was so painful for her, she couldn’t imagine how much it would hurt him.

“Look at me Pankh,” he insisted, “And tell me.”

“What do you want to know?” she asked softly.

“Anything and everything that is hurting you right now,” he said firmly.

She didn’t reply, she just hugged him tightly. He continued rubbing her back.

“It will hurt you,” she said.

“Not more than it is hurting you right now,” Armaan said with determination, “I am not that weak Pankhudi. I have the strength to hear to truth, no matter how ugly. You can look me in the eye and tell me each and every detail of what they did to you, you can tell me who touched you where, and I will listen. And I promise you, that will not change my love for you. I am willing to kill for you Pankh, I am willing to die for you. But I really can’t see you like this, fighting your demons alone, waking up screaming in the middle of the night. The beauty of our relationship is that we have nothing to hide from each other, our raw truths laid naked in front of each other. You are never going to be OK, till you tell me Pankh, and trust me, when it comes to bad memories, suppressing them doesn’t work. You need to talk. Please, tell me Pankh, tell me everything that you have been holding back in your mind for the fear of hurting me.”

Pankhudi sobbed silently as he tried to reassure her. She hugged him and showered him with kisses, as tears of gratitude continuously poured out of her eyes. Then she straddled his hips and faced him, as she looked in his eyes and shared her pain. Each and every detail of it, no matter how painful and how shameful, she told him. She poured her mind in front of him, she surrendered her soul to him. Because she trusted him, that he is going to be there for her, that he truly loves her, that he truly cares for her, and he would do so forever.

As she spilled her wounded mind, as excruciating as the process was, she began to feel better. Like just talking to him, just telling him what was hurting her, was beginning to truly heal her. Armaan listened very calmly. He kept reassuring and encouraging her with loving touches and kisses as she wept loudly through the agonizing process of speaking the raw truth. Armaan felt a heart wrenching pain as his beloved told him the details of her torture, the truth about how she screamed and begged but was shown no mercy. But he kept calm for the sake of his love. He had always only taken from her, now, he wanted to give her something. Perhaps he would never be capable of loving like she did, her love was art, but he was going to try his best to make her feel loved and cherished. He was going to give her all the love that his broken mind was capable of.

Pankhudi nearly collapsed in his arms our of sheer exhaustion. He lay her down on the bed and gently held her in his arms. She looked into his eyes, and she saw the same love and passion she had feared losing. He was telling the truth when he said that nothing could change his love for her. She hugged him and kissed him passionately as for the first time in many days, her heart felt peace.

“It’s alright my love,” he said cuddling her, “You are a strong girl, and you are going to win this battle. And you know that you are not alone, I will always be there for you, and I will always listen. You can always tell me what is hurting you, you can share your pain with me over and over again, till it doesn’t hurt anymore. I will always love you Pankh.”

“Thank you,” she said with an emotion of genuine gratitude in her eyes, “This means a lot to me.”

He sang her a lullaby as he showered her with kisses, his loving gesture soothing her wounded heart. She snuggled close to him, felt the warmth of his embrace, feeling assured that she would be loved, sheltered and protected forever, she slowly drifted off to sleep. Perhaps for the first time in many days, she was going to sleep peacefully.

Armaan held her gently, and watched as she slept. He cherished her, she meant the world to him and he’d do anything to make her feel better. He just wanted to help her heal from the horrible trauma Meera had caused her. But all he could do was pray that time would heal her. He hugged her and closed his eyes.

Armaan’s phone rang. Seeing the caller’s name, he answered immediately.

“I have Meera’s location,” the man said.

“Bring her to me,” Armaan said coldly, “Alive.”