Entertainment Disney+'s Loki Eschews Typical 'Good' vs. 'Evil' Labels | CBR

I'm Bot
loki-1.jpg

Much like its titular lead, Disney+'s Loki will embrace a complicated sense of morals.

"I wanted to explore slightly more complex character questions," Loki head writer Michael Waldron told EW. "It's not just good versus bad. Is anybody all good? Is anybody all bad? What makes a hero, a hero? A villain, a villain?"

RELATED: Nobody At Marvel Knew Where Loki Went After Avengers: Endgame

This kind of out-of-the-box thinking aligns with other comments about the bold creative tendencies of Loki, such as what genre it exists in. "It is intriguingly different and I think we've called it a crime/thriller," Marvel Studios President and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige said in April. "Which is not something you would necessarily think of when it came to Loki. We enjoy that."

Waldron's approach also fits in with Loki's own complex sense of morality within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Across his assorted appearances in this franchise, Loki has repeatedly jumped back-and-forth between being an imposing villain in The Avengers to being a reluctant ally in films like Thor: Ragnarok or Avengers: Infinity War. The Disney+ series will focus on an alternate version of the character who has just emerged from the events of The Avengers, or prior to his significant redemptive actions in later MCU adventures.

Loki stars Tom Hiddleston, Owen Wilson, Sophia Di Martino, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Richard E. Grant. The series premieres June 9 on Disney+.

KEEP READING: Tom Hiddleston Taught 'Loki School' to His Disney+ Cast and Crew

Source: EW

Continue reading...