Romance Forbidden Love by Pinuram

I read this story long time ago on xossip. Somehow, this story captured my heart. After xossip was shut down I was unable to find this story. I hope there are a lot of members here who have read this story and also those who haven't. I would like to post this story written by Pinuram. Thank you.

Forbidden Love by Pinuram

Part 1 First Love

---------------------

Chapter -1: The Invitation.

------------------------------

It was end of November 2000; I was in my final years of my college, completing my 22nd winter on this earth. In Kolkata, winter had already reached. Foggy mornings and dew drops on the grasses made me nostalgic. That day was Sunday, so I was lazily turning the newspapers and was reading the headlines and sipping a hot cup of tea. Mom was in the kitchen and dad went to market.

The door bell rung.

Mom asked me to open the door; probably the newspaper man has come for the monthly bill.

I went downstairs only to find a middle aged person, probably of 40 years and a lady in her late thirties stood at the door.

The person asked me whether my mom was at home or not. I nodded affirmatively.

He introduced himself as a cousin of my mom.

I ushered them inside and they rested themselves in the drawing room.

My mom came to drawing room and was astonished to see them.

She exclaimed ---“After long time, Shasanko, what is the news. And this is your wife Meghna? Good to see you both. After a very very long time”

I came to know, Shasanko was my mom’s cousin brother. Shasanko were three brothers and three sisters. It was the marriage ceremony of their youngest brother Subroto. During their talks I came to know their youngest sister was still unmarried and they were searching for a perfect groom for their little sister.

So by relation, Shasanko was my maternal uncle (mama) and Meghna was my maternal aunt (mami).

They all lived in their ancestral house in village. Their village named Baduria, interior in Kolkata region. My mom’s was a school teacher; her school was also in the same village. Also I came to know, when my mom started her teaching, she used to live at their house.

I was born at their house, few years before, probably 2 years before my birth, my mom’s aunt gave birth to their last female child, the youngest sister of Shasanko.

My mom told me stories, how her little cousin sister, whom every one used to call Suchismita, used to play with me.

My mom and dad shifted to Kolkata when I was five years old, so I have no memories of my baby days, what I used to do with Suchismita.

But my mom told me, Suchismita was very, very naughty, as every youngest child in a family and used to love me very much, as I was the only person who was younger to her. She used to take me to the mango orchards, used to take me with her to every place she went. I was like her baby doll, with whom she used to play a lot.

In village, all have big families. So was the same with Shasanko. They were in total of six siblings. And he and Meghna was a proud father of an eight years old prince.

My mom and dad accepted their invitation to be present for the wedding of their youngest brother.

Part 1 First Love

---------------------

Chapter -1: The Invitation.

------------------------------

It was end of November 2000; I was in my final years of my college, completing my 22nd winter on this earth. In Kolkata, winter had already reached. Foggy mornings and dew drops on the grasses made me nostalgic. That day was Sunday, so I was lazily turning the newspapers and was reading the headlines and sipping a hot cup of tea. Mom was in the kitchen and dad went to market.

The door bell rung.

Mom asked me to open the door; probably the newspaper man has come for the monthly bill.

I went downstairs only to find a middle aged person, probably of 40 years and a lady in her late thirties stood at the door.

The person asked me whether my mom was at home or not. I nodded affirmatively.

He introduced himself as a cousin of my mom.

I ushered them inside and they rested themselves in the drawing room.

My mom came to drawing room and was astonished to see them.

She exclaimed ---“After long time, Shasanko, what is the news. And this is your wife Meghna? Good to see you both. After a very very long time”

I came to know, Shasanko was my mom’s cousin brother. Shasanko were three brothers and three sisters. It was the marriage ceremony of their youngest brother Subroto. During their talks I came to know their youngest sister was still unmarried and they were searching for a perfect groom for their little sister.

So by relation, Shasanko was my maternal uncle (mama) and Meghna was my maternal aunt (mami).

They all lived in their ancestral house in village. Their village named Baduria, interior in Kolkata region. My mom’s was a school teacher; her school was also in the same village. Also I came to know, when my mom started her teaching, she used to live at their house.

I was born at their house, few years before, probably 2 years before my birth, my mom’s aunt gave birth to their last female child, the youngest sister of Shasanko.

My mom told me stories, how her little cousin sister, whom every one used to call Suchismita, used to play with me.

My mom and dad shifted to Kolkata when I was five years old, so I have no memories of my baby days, what I used to do with Suchismita.

But my mom told me, Suchismita was very, very naughty, as every youngest child in a family and used to love me very much, as I was the only person who was younger to her. She used to take me to the mango orchards, used to take me with her to every place she went. I was like her baby doll, with whom she used to play a lot.

In village, all have big families. So was the same with Shasanko. They were in total of six siblings. And he and Meghna was a proud father of an eight years old prince.

My mom and dad accepted their invitation to be present for the wedding of their youngest brother.
Pls carry on bro. 🤩🤩🤩

Chapter 2: The first meet

-----------------------------

The marriage ceremony was in second week of December.

So on a fine sunny morning, we started for my Mom’s aunt’s house in village.

The bus left the city and was running among the green fields. I was sitting by the side of the window and somehow I was trying to dig into my head, how Suchismita would look like. She used to play with me in my childhood days, gave me warmth in cold nights.

I was engrossed in my thoughts, my mom nudged me.

---“Baduria is near. We will be getting down in the next stop.”

After we got down, my mom told me that we have to walk some two to three kilometers to reach their home.

I asked whether there were rickshaws or not.

My dad wisely told me ---“Beta, village airs are full of oxygen. We are near to the earth and nature, so we should take a walk.”

Ok, Dad’s words, no one can deny him.

During the way, my mom told me stories of Suchismita, how she used to play and love me very much. After hearing all those stories I was very eager to see that lady.

After sometime we reached mom’s aunt’s house.

The house was a big one. Mom’s uncle was a big farmer, but he passed away long ago. The eldest brother, Sumanto, took the reins of their dilapidated family and educated all his brothers and sisters. He himself could not study further and kept on farming.

As we entered the huge house, every where I could feel people running and enjoying the ceremony.

I was a total unknown person in that crowd. My mom introduced me with her aunt; I bowed down and touched her feet. Then she introduced me with everyone of that family. But Suchismita was nowhere in sight. I felt hesitated to ask for her, I thought it would be unwise. My mom asked Meghna Aunty about Suchismita. She answered, that Suchismita might be somewhere doing something mischief with her friends. She was the youngest of all so she was always naughty and mischievous from childhood days.

I was looking at my aunt Meghna while my mom was chatting with her; she was a beautiful lady in her mid thirties, round face, dark black long hair, and big black eyes. She wore a yellow saree with red border, which made her skin even glow. From her side, I could see the bulge of her bosoms. She possessed shapely twin mass of soft flesh on her chest. Her waist lines quiet a shaped one, I won’t say that it was like a model figure, but I could assume her waist line to be good enough and then her broad hips and bottoms, well round shapely I suppose, covered in yellow saree but gave her structure a beautiful shape to imagine. I was caressing her all over with the corner of my eye.

Suddenly a bunch of girls passed from the side with all laughing and carrying some flowers and Meghna aunty called up one of the girls --- “Suchismita, come here, Ulupi di is searching for you.”

Out of the bunch, a sweet girl in her early twenties came forward. Her face was gleaming with bright smile of thousand volts.

She bowed down to touch my mom’s feet and my mom embraced her, held her chin and gave a kiss on her forehead.

Mom ---“Paree (Suchismita’s pet name), you have grown up to be a beautiful lady.”

I was eyeing this beautiful girl; she was dressed in a pink gorgeous sleeveless salwar suit which suited very well on her figure. Her hair was long and tied in a bun on her nape. There was jasmine flowers tied to her tresses which gave a sweet smell. Her skin colour was creamy white and soft. The winter rays of the sun gleamed on her skin. Her face was of oval shaped and smooth skin. When she smiled, it dimpled on her cheeks that made her smile and face more beautiful. I was taken aback by her beauty. Her slender arms and legs bereft of any hair were smooth like satin.

She gave me a queer look --- “This might be Abhimanyu, your son.”

Mom nodded affirmatively --- “You remember, in child hood days you used to play with him, take him along with you everywhere you went.”

She pointed at me and said --- “Ohh, so Abhimanyu has grown up a big boy.”

As she smiled looking at me, the words that emanated from those rosy red lips felt like honey in my ears.

She then said --- “Ok, Ulupi di, I am in a bit hurry, I will catch you later.”

Then she looked at me and said --- “Hi, Abhimanyu, you can call me Paree as my loved ones call me. I will surely catch you later. I have lots of works to do.”

Meghna aunty smiled at her --- “You are doing nothing, except mischief.”

On hearing that, Paree (now onwards let us call Suchismita as Paree) --- “Ohh, my darling sister-n-law it is our time to enjoy.”

Saying so, she giggled away and got mixed up in the crowd of the marriage.

The sweet smell of those jasmine flowers lingered in my nostrils.

Then my mom and dad and Meghna also went away, asking me that I should mix up and enjoy.

But I was new to everyone; I did not know where to go or what to do.

My mom and dad were nowhere in sight, they got mixed up in the crowd and was chatting or doing something elsewhere.

I went upstairs, with a cup of coffee. Leisurely taking a brisk walk to look around the house. It seemed everyone was busy of doing nothing.

I walked up to the roof and stood at one corner, beholding the beauty of the village and nature.

Downstairs I saw that very bunch of girls in the open space in front of the house.

Paree was looking like a princess in her pink salwar suit, surrounded by her maidens.

From top, I looked intently at her, devouring her beauty. She was a proud owner of an hourglass figure. Her well shaped arms, smooth glowing skin. Her chest was adorned with a pair of perfect shaped melons, not too big neither too small. I was trying to imagine, what it would feel like, if she cuddles me like old days.

Her hind globes were also shapely and round. Full of flesh, but as her salwar cupped her figure; I could imagine that there was not an ounce of unnecessary flesh around her figure anywhere. From the top of third floor, I could not gather much of her beauty. Only that, I was feeling to have my crush of my own mashi.

Nothing to be done for the whole afternoon, I felt.

After some time the girls passed away, from the courtyard to somewhere out of my sight.

Chapter 3: Beauty Captivated

---------------------------------

I was again alone standing with my thoughts, what if she does not ever come to talk to me. But then I thought that why should she would not talk to me, I was only her cousin sister’s son. No harm in talking.

The sun was reaching the west horizon. Everyone got busy in dressing themselves in their best dress to attend the marriage. As we were from the groom’s family, so I had to be a part of the groom procession.

I came to know that, the bride’s house is somewhat four hours journey by bus to a place called Ranaghat, and the time of marriage was at late night.

I generally, being a Bengali, wear Dhuti and Punjabi in the marriage ceremonies of my near and dear ones.

So that day also I wore my patent Dhuti and Punjabi. And except groom, I was the only person to wear that dress, so I was easily being identified.

Every where was a chaos of getting dressed up.

The sun went down, the marriage house lit up with thousands of bulbs and tubes.

I was again alone in the crowd, with my senses of Paree.

I felt a tug on my arm, as I looked over my shoulder, I saw a boy of probably eight years old calling me.

I asked ---“What happened?”

---“Hi, I am, Dushtu, everyone calls me dushtu and I am Shasanko’s son.”

---“Ok, glad to meet you, dushtu.”

---“My youngest aunt, Paree, is calling you in the courtyard.”

Oh!!! My god, at last, god answered my call I thought. Well Paree, was looking for me. I felt like turbulent waves crashing in my heart.

But I asked dushtu ---“Why, is she calling me?”

That naughty small boy giggled at me --- “Go and meet her and ask yourself why she is asking about you.”

Saying that, the boy vanished in the crowd somewhere.

While I was walking towards the courtyard, I felt my heart thumping hard in my chest.

The evening was cold, but even after that I was feeling warm due to anxiety of meeting Paree.

As I stepped in the courtyard, I found Paree standing there with few other ladies, among them my mom was also present and all air in my chest was blown away.

Mom looked at me and called me near --- “Come, where were you all day long.”

Paree also asked me playfully --- “Yes, Abhimanyu, where were you for the whole day.”

I could not mutter the truth, that I was engrossed in your thought for the day.

Mom told me that the bus would leave at six pm from here, so where ever I stay I should not be late for the bus.

Paree was dressed in a gorgeous black saree with heavy embroidery of golden threads. She was looking just like an angel fallen from heaven on earth.

Paree came to my side and touched my arm and told to my mom --- “Don’t worry Ulupi di, I will take care as I took care of him in childhood days.”

As she touched my arms, I felt goose bumps all over my skin. Umm….. What a soft touch, a strange sensation ran down my spine.

She stood by my side; she would be of five feet four inches I assumed a few inches shorter than me. Again her sweet jasmine fragrance filled my nostrils.

I looked at her, what a beautiful lady she was. Full ripe with her youth and beauty. Big black eyes, trimmed dark black eyebrows just like whip. Pouting yet luscious red lips. Carved chin, chiseled nose.

She looked at me and asked me to walk with her.

I was speechless, and felt mesmerized by her beauty. Walked along with her.

Paree asked --- “So, you don’t remember anything of our childhood days.”

I nodded negatively.

She started talking to me --- “You, I heard is good in studies and doing well in college.”

I nodded again positively.

---“You are looking very handsome in this dress, Dhuti and Punjabi. Do you love to wear this type of Bengali dress in every occasion?”

I nodded negatively. I was speechless as my ears were filled with her sweet voice. I was only a mere spectator and she was doing all the chatting.

---“I did my B.Sc in physics; I heard that you are also in the same stream?”

I nodded again.

---“I wanted to study, but my mom is adamant about my marriage now-a-days. Basically it was my idea to call Ulupi di (my mom), as she had her higher studies and now she is working as a teacher in the same school where I used to read. I thought your mom could pacify my mom to take up my higher studies so that I also can be a teacher.”

I nodded and was walking with her silently. She was holding my left arm lightly; our fingers were touching at time, sending a sweet sensation along my spine. At times whenever I looked at her, my gaze always travelled to her upper chest. The part exposed out, the upper bulge of her bosom, soft melons of pure female flesh.

Ufff …. What it would feel like to have a handful of those melons in my fist, I thought.

---“I have explained my views to your mom, and Ulupi di is waiting for a perfect time to tell my mom about my ambitions. I know she will not ignore your mom. I have heard that your mom used to love me as her own daughter and my mom used to obey her very much. Time has passed for long, and we were definitely not in touch. But few days earlier my mom talked about your mom, and expressed her deep regards she even now has in her heart for Ulupi di. So I am sure that if Ulupi di tells my mom, she will not ignore.”

She looked up at me.

---“What do you think Abhimanyu; my mom will let me to pursue my higher studies?”

I looked up at the dark sky gazing at the stars.

---“Hey, Abhimanyu, from last few minutes I am the person who is doing all the talking. Do you have tongue in your mouth or not. You have not said a single word, just nodded your head like a donkey. What happened to you, say something?”

I looked up in the sky, gathered all my courage and the words that came out of my mouth: “You are very beautiful, Paree.” Saying that, I closed my eyes tightly, expecting a harsh slap on my face.

Paree suddenly stopped walking, left my hand and looked up at me ---“So, you were actually not hearing any of my words, and such a naughty boy you are that you are imagining your own aunt.”

She slapped hard on my hand ---“You naughty boy, you are very naughty”.

I muttered all my courage to look down at her, as she stood in front of me in a corner of the courtyard.

---“Not actually, I heard whatever you said, but you are very beautiful.”

---“Naughty boy, anyways thanks for the compliments.” She smiled at me.

I asked her --- “Why are you not with your friends?”

Paree said that her friends were invited for the reception and not for the marriage ceremony. As she was much younger so she was feeling left out in the crowd.

I was about to touch her, take her palms in mine, when I heard my mom calling us that the bus was leaving for the marriage so we must get on to the bus.

I thought what a wrong timing was that?

Paree sensed that my hand was approaching hers; she giggled and ran away towards the bus.

While leaving me alone there she said to me --- “I will be waiting….”

Chapter 4: First Kiss

------------------------

Everyone got on the bus; it was a two by two luxury bus. Mom and dad, uncles and aunts. The crowd in the bus was very much merry making. My eyes were searching for Paree only, in that crowd.

Ahh!!! I found Paree standing at the last but third seat.

She called out my name ---“Abhimanyu, come here, I have got someplace to settle down.”

I again obeyed her like a faithful donkey. She took the window seat and I sat beside her. The crowded bus was warm. Everyone was talking in their peak of their voice.

Bus started for the journey. As the journey would be a long one, so my mom suggested that we should sing and dance in the bus.

Everyone nodded affirmatively. So who will start was the question.

The elders suggested that the younger generation should engage themselves in the sing and dance.

We sat close to each other; our arms were touching each others. Paree was giving a queer look to me, but was not saying a word. I thought that I might have dropped an atom bomb, so better to keep quiet.

From somewhere, someone shouted ---“Where is Paree, we have not heard of her for a quiet long time after the bus has started. This is very unusual behavior of Paree.”

I brought down my face near her ears ---“Paree, what happened. Have I said something wrong, I am sorry. See everyone in the bus is looking for you.”

She looked at me with her deep gaze --- “I thought that you were attentively hearing my plea, but see you have heard none. You simply don’t understand how I feel, I want to study.”

---“I am sorry, Paree. I have heard all your words. Now please answer them, all the people are looking for you.”

I seemed to find some bead of pearls dropped from her eyes. But she was a brilliant lady to hide her feelings.

She called out in her top voice laughing---“Paree is here.”

Some lady from the front called Paree to her.

She stood up and looked at me ---“Give me passage.”

The seats were crammed up. Paree squeezed to get out, while doing so her fleshy bottoms touched my upper arms sending a lightning sensation all over my spine, again. My chin touched her spine, the back of Paree, the exposed space between her waist and blouse. Her skin felt smooth as silk on my chin. I held her narrow waist to help her get out of the place. Perhaps, while I touched her waist, I caressed her smooth skin little bit. On touching her creamy skin, goose bumps rose all over my skin.

Paree looked behind over her shoulders and squeezed her nose playfully.

---“Coming back shortly, Abhimanyu.”

But as usual, as she was the most sought after lady in the bus, being the youngest sister of the groom and also she had a beautiful voice for singing, she was caught in a web of relatives and friends.

The bus went on, cutting through the dark winter night.

All the relatives inside the bus started singing and dancing along with Paree.

Paree got lost in somewhere in the crowd again.

No that was not purely true, at times she was looking at me with inviting eyes, pleading me to join them.

But as I was a not much of a social animal, I was hesitant to join.

After sometime, after much of dancing, everyone got tired, so someone suggested that the younger’s should play antakshari.

It seemed ok with everyone.

So Paree, first started with a song --- “Piya tu aab to aaja,……” and constantly looked at me with corner of her eyes.

Many people in the bus might have felt something brewing up, but mom and dad was sure, that since she was my Masi (Aunt), so there was nothing serious.

After that I felt the urge to show what I was feeling. I gathered all my courage to start singing.

---“Tujhyee dekha too yeh jana sanam.. Pyaar hota hai deewana sanam….” The then hit song from Sharukh Khan’s movie DDLJ.

Paree was taken aback, in fact everyone on the bus was taken aback to hear a new voice out of nowhere.

Voices rose, enquiring about me.

Paree came to my help, ---“This is Abhimanyu, and he is son of Ulupi di, sitting over there.”

Many elders exclaimed ---“Good god, Ulupi, your son has grown up.”

Paree was now by my side, she said to everyone that we could play antakshari while being seated also.

Thank god, at last, I would get some time to sit with her.

So everyone got seated on their seats.

I was sitting at the aisle of the bus so Paree kneeled down over the seat resting her arms over my shoulders. I could feel her soft bosoms crushing on the back of neck. She rested her chin over my head and her both hands around my shoulders. The soft fleshy warm bosoms felt awesome although those fleshy mounds were covered with clothes.

Again the songs started to flow from every corner of the bus.

The movement of the bus helping me to enjoy the soft touch of her boobs and she was combing my hair also with her thin fingers.

Mom might have noticed with the corner of her eye, as what all was going on, but probably she ignored. As we all were grown up people.

One by one, the voices dropped.

People were getting tired and then after thirty minutes or so, the songs stopped.

Paree yelled ---“So is there no one to continue?”

Mom said --- “No Paree, no one. Everyone should take some rest now. It is about 8:30 night, we will be reaching the venue by 9:30 or so. So to look fresh one should take rest.”

Being a teacher, my mom has a commanding voice and every one obeyed.

Paree sat comfortably beside me on the seat by the window.

The bus was racing through the dead night. Now only the sound of the bus grinning could be heard. She rested her head on my right shoulder and looked outside.

She has not brought any winter clothes so as she could show her saree and her make ups and all. After all that was her youngest brother’s marriage.

I felt that she might be feeling cold, so I wrapped my cream Kashmiri shawl around her.

I touched her round shoulder while wrapping my shawl and asked her --- “Why so quiet, Paree?”

Paree ---“Thank you for the shawl, I was really feeling cold. I should have bought some warm clothes with me. I am a dumb.”

---“No no, you are not a simple dumb, but a beautiful dumb.” I laughed and teased her.

Paree ---“Shoo away, you naughty boy.”

---Can I ask you something?”

Paree ---“Ok”

---“How was your college days?”

Paree --- “Good, nothing special”

---“Do you have any boyfriend?”

Paree looked at me with her big eyes ---“Why asking so?”

As she looked up at me, our face came within millimeters of reach to each others. I could feel her warm breath all over my face and similar she could feel mine.

---“No, just like that, I mean, you are such a beautiful girl with a good amount of brain in that head. So definitely I thought that you might have lots of boyfriends.”

Paree smiled naughtily at me and squeezed her nose ---“Am I smelling some heart burns somewhere? You should not eye your auntie, Abhi.”

ABHI, she said my name in abbreviated form, sounded like koel chirp in my ears.

A long breath escaped from my mouth as I looked straight --- “No. Never, why should I be jealous of someone.” But actually in my heart I felt a bit of jealousy on that unknown face.

Paree ---“No, Abhi I had none. No special boyfriends as such. Everyone was friendlier with me, but I did not felt something happening in me with all those guys around me. Some feelings deep in my heart had not happened to me which I can as attraction. Till today I have not felt something like that.”

---“Does that mean you have closed all the doors of your heart, so that no one could enter.”

Paree --- “No, not that, till today I have not met.”

Again as I looked at her face, there was some inviting look in her eyes.

Paree ---“Till today I meant to say, I did not say till now, dumb ass.”

Oh God! Did she mean that she was falling for me? Huge waves came crashing on the shore of my heart.

---“Paree why had you said all those words to me this evening, at courtyard?”

Paree --- “I felt so, just like that. Something I can’t explain. Now stop talking. Let me have some rest.”

I gently placed my right arm around her narrow waist and pulled her nearer me. She nuzzled comfortably on my right enjoyed the warmth of my body and rested her head on my right shoulder and closed her eyes. My fingers caressed her bare skin of waist near her small round soft belly.

In the dim light of the bus, she looked like an angel, resting quietly in my arms.

After sometime someone from the front announced that the bus would reach the venue within minutes so everyone should get up.

I shook Paree gently to wake her up --- “We will reach the venue within minutes, get up and get properly dressed.”

She looked at me with sleepy eyes --- “Oh!! No. Why so early?”

The bus reached the venue. My mom came to my seat and asked Paree to get up.

That when I felt that my mom treats Paree as her daughter also.

Mom ---“Paree, my golden angel, get up, see we have to get down.”

On hearing my mom’s voice, she got shaken, straightened up herself, rubbed her face and took out her purse to have her last minute makeup.

Everyone got down from bus except us, as she was engrossed to finish her makeup on her face.

I stood up, bent down; my heart was racing like a Ferrari.

Sensing my warm breath on her head Paree looked up. Our eyes met in some passionate love. I gathered all my courage, every bit of strength from the abyss of my heart and closed my eyes and kissed her forehead.

Then with a leap, I hurried down from the bus so as not to look into Paree’s eyes. I could not even look behind as to see what she was doing.

Chapter 5: Sorrow and happiness.

--------------------------------------

I got down from bus, Mom took me to a side, my heart thumped very fast, anticipating that she had sensed our closeness and was going to give me a good beat down.

Instead my mom said to me that every one of groom’s house would be having their dinner by 11o’clock and then leave. She asked me what was my intention, whether to stay or to go with others.

I said that I would be staying; I wanted to enjoy the marriage till end.

“OK” said mom and she gave me permission to stay.

So again, as the groom’s party arrived there was all chaos all over the place of the bride.

Paree was again lost somewhere in the midst of the huge crowd.

I sat there at the marriage venue with the groom, Subroto.

The Brahmins were performing all rituals. I had nothing to do except idle sitting.

At times I saw Paree roaming all over the place busy in doing nothing. She was definitely having a great time.

Once she came to me my heart started to beat louder ---“Hey, why are you sitting like a duck over here. Come with me.”

While she talked to me she did not looked at me. And I was also not looking at her.

---“Err no, it is better here. Lots of ladies are always with you. I feel bit uncomfortable surrounded by ladies.”

Paree ---“Ummm….. Ok then sit. But don’t forget to have your dinner. Everyone is going to leave after dinner, only few friends of Subroto Dada are going to stay.”

I told her that I have got permission from my mom that I will be staying.

She looked at me inquisitively ---“Do you mean to say that I should also stay?”

---“Depends upon you.” I laughed out.

Paree, bit angrily---“Ok, you will come to know what I can do?” and she went away.

Groom’s party finished their dinner. Every one of my relatives were about to leave.

Paree was adamant about staying with the groom.

My mom tried to persuade her ---“Paree, no ladies are going to stay, how can you stay here. What will your mom think?”

Paree playfully embraced my mom ---“You also treated me as your daughter once, so in that sense you are also like my mom, so just give me permission to stay. Please please please.”

On hearing her pleas, my mom called me ---“Hey, you, take care of her she is going to stay here all night and look after her else you will be in trouble.”

Inside my mind I was laughing very loudly, but with a very obedient look on my face I nodded and confirmed them that I would look after Paree.

Paree winked at me. She kissed my mom’s cheeks ---“My good Didi Mom, thank you very much. I will not be a naughty girl now.”

We bid adieu to the groom’s party.

Paree then again went away somewhere. I saw Paree running down to the ritual place with my shawl around her.

From behind, her twin fleshy bottoms, swayed beautifully in front of my eyes. I felt the urge to touch those soft mushy mounds and kiss those.

As the night grew older, the crowd got thinner. People from bride’s house were also leaving. From groom’s party, there were only five persons present, two of Subroto’s friends, eldest brother and Paree and myself.

The main ritual was about to start and it was already 12 o’clock in dead night. Paree stood by my side, close enough that our arms were touching each other’s. Paree’s fingers sometimes brushing on my mine sending electrical pulses on my arms. We were avoiding to look into each other’s eyes, by looking straight to the fire of the ritual.

One lady came to Paree and asked whether she needs to retire somewhere for some forty winks. She nodded her head negatively.

I requested Paree to take a brisk walk with me, which she obediently accepted.

We were walking down the lonely dark road. Paree wrapped my shawl closely over her body to get bit of warmth. Her arms folded across her chest as she walked close to me. She was looking down at her feet. Both of us were silent. I thought someone should break the ice.

So I muttered some strength in my voice ---“Paree, what happened, why you are not saying anything?”

Paree --- “So you think that nothing has happened? Do you?” Her voice trembled a bit.

---“What have I done?”

Paree --- “So you want to say you have done nothing? Lightning stroked me, do you know? I could not get up from that seat for quite some time.”

---“I just felt some urge deep inside my heart, to express something. That’s all.”

Paree was still looking at her feet, walking slowly ---“Everything went black in front of my eyes. The sensation, it happened to me like a lightening thunder.”

I stopped in the middle of the road, touched Paree’s shoulders and stood in front of her. I looked down at her, placed my right index finger on her chin and slowly pushed her face up. Her eyes were closed, lips shaking in some forbidden anticipation. Her long eyelashes adorned her beautiful eyelids. She still had her arms folded across her chest clasping my shawl around her tightly. I slowly bent down, brought my face near to her. I could feel her warm breath; I could even hear her heart thumping louder inside her chest. Her well shaped bosoms, heaving up and down with every long breath she took inside her. My nose touched hers. Even in the cold December night, our nose tips were sweaty. Our lips were only few millimeters from each other, but I could not gather enough courage to kiss her beautiful lips or say something she was anticipating to hear.

With a long sigh, Paree opened her big eyes, glistening with tears. Her nose tip became red. She broke the dead silence running between us, with tearful eyes and shaking voice she said to me ---“I can’t do, Abhi. I can’t do. Go away. Just go away from my sight.”Saying so, she ran towards the marriage venue.

I stood there in the dark lonely road, dumbfounded. Feeling very lonely, with no one around. I felt the urge to puff a cigarette.

While puffing the cigarette, I asked myself, what am I, Who am I, Who is Abhimanyu? I felt in somewhere in some dark corner of my heart, that I am a loser. My vision got dampened, probably by the smoke of the cigarette or may be my tear buds have started to flow. I have no right to hurt anyone. I have no right to hurt Suchismita in any cost or any sense. Something was not happening right.

Some relations were forbidden in our human culture. Both of us were social animals, lived in a society.

I was walking slowly, back towards the venue, engrossed in all these thoughts.

From distant I heard a male voice calling my name.

I looked up and saw one of Subroto’s friends calling me. Asking me to come quickly, the marriage ritual has ended and everyone was going to have their dinner.

As I entered the venue, I found Paree seated at a corner, with her face down, eyesight fixated to the dying fire of the ritual. Creamy skin of her nose had turned pink as rose petals. From a good distance I could see her long eyelashes soaked in dew drops of her eyes. Her back was heaving up and down.

Was she sobbing? My goodness, I thought. That was not at all a good sign.

Then, bride’s mother approached Paree and asked her ---“What happened to chirpy little Paree? Your newly wedded sister-in-law is waiting for you in the dining table, go and join them. Everyone is waiting for you dear.”

Paree straightened up, wiped her eyes and smiled at her. Bride’s mother took her away.

Slowly I entered the dining place. I found that Paree was sitting beside her newly married sister-in-law, laughing and talking with her and having her dinner. I took a plate and finished my dinner quietly in one corner.

During the whole time our eyes had not met for a single moment. Vibrant Paree was lost somewhere.

After the dinner was finished, it was time to retire as it was already 2 am of night. So both the friends of Subroto came to me to ask whether I should be retiring with them or not. I said them I do not want to rest, I told them I would be sitting there at the ritual place in some chair and puff my cigarette and I will be alright.

They also went away. Bride and groom also retired somewhere inside the house. Bride’s mother escorted Paree along with her.

All alone, in the cold dark night I sat on a chair near the ritual place looking at the smoke bellowing out of the doused fire and puffing cigarettes. I was also feeling cold as Paree took away my shawl.

I lost the count of time. I did not even bother to look at my watch. My head was filled with all sorts of thoughts I could not explain.

I do not know for how long or how little I was sitting over there. I felt drowsiness creeping in my head.

Suddenly I felt a soft touch on my shoulder. The sweet fragrance of jasmine filled my nostrils. So at last Paree has come to me. I pulled a chair near me, Paree sat down facing me. I looked at her with expression less eyes.

There was a bit of soft smile in some corner of her lips.

She asked me ---“You are feeling cold?”

---“Hmmmm…..” I nodded affirmatively.

Paree ---“Ok, I have brought another shawl for you.”

---“Why don’t you give mine to me?”

Paree ---“No, this is now mine, forever.” She smiled sweetly at me.

---“Ok, be it…. As my queen says.”

Paree ---“I found, that you were puffing a lot of cigarette? Why, this is not good at all.”

I put off my cigarette (CIGARETTE SMOKING IS INJOURIOUS TO HEALTH).

---“There it goes, my last one.”

Paree questioned me ---“Why have you stayed here tonight?”

---“Just like that, I wanted to attend every part of a marriage ceremony. So I stayed.”

Paree ---“So, you were not staying for me?”

---“See, Paree, at that time, none of the ladies were going to stay. How could I know that you will stay?”

Paree slapped hard on my hand ---“You, are a big dumb fool. Why did not you ask me to stay then? You did not even bother to think how I could travel the long distance in bus all alone.”

---“Paree, I am really unable to understand you now. The bus was filled with people you know, your near and dear ones.”

She sighed away her face ---“You dumb ass, dumb boys. You will not ever, never understand the heart of a lady. Never.”

She angrily got up from the chair and was about to leave.

I took both her hands in mine and with a pleading look in my eyes ---“Please do not leave.”

Paree ---“Why should I sit? You are not here for me, you said that.”

---“Sorry, my angel, I am sorry.”

She sat on my left, and placed her head on my shoulders. She took my hands in hers, and gently played with my fingers.

I muttered ---“I do not know, where this relation between us will take us. I don’t even know what will be the end.”

Paree ---“I don’t want to know, Abhi. I live in present and I want to live my present life full till the brim. That’s all I know and I care about.”

I put my left arm around her thin waist and pulled her close to me. She nuzzled closely, enjoying the warmth of our embrace. Very gently I started to stroke her bare waist under the shawl, caressing the side of her soft belly.

I took her right hand into mine and brought her fingers near my lips. Paree looked at me. I gently touched her back of hand with my lips. Jasmine smell felt good in my nostrils. I took her index finger in my mouth and slowly licked and sucked.

Paree ---“Ummmmm…….. Please do not do that. You are giving me a very tingling sensation somewhere deep inside me.”

She tried to free her fingers and at the same time she was brushing her nose and lips on the side of my neck.

I did not stop sucking her finger with my soaking tongue.

Paree squirmed in my embrace ---“Please, Abhi, Please do not do that.”

I could feel her soft wet tongue caressing softly on my jaw line. She was planting small butterfly kisses on my cheek and jaw. The fire of passion has been ignited between us.

I left her finger and looked at her face. As she was in my tight embrace, her hands came up to my chest, clasping the collar of my Punjabi. There was an intense passionate look in her deep black eyes, penetrating my soul to the core. I placed my right palm on her left cheek, and gently kissed her forehead.

Paree shook a little. Slowly I planted small kisses over her eyebrows and then over her eye lids. She closed her eyes, enjoying my little kisses on her face.

I then kissed the tip of her nose. Sensing that our lips will meet soon enough, my lips also trembled a bit, and I planted a small kiss on her shaking soft red lips. She clasped my collar hard, pulling my face to her and again our lips met, in a heated passionate lock.

At first it was only touch of the lips, but soon enough we found our tongues playing with each other and teeth chewing each other lips. I was madly sucking her upper lip and played with her tongue. Her breadth grew warmer and intensifying with every moment passed.

We felt that as if the world was going to end. Neither Paree nor I was willing to break the kiss. Intensity brewed up in the cold December night. She had taken my face between her palms and was caressing my cheeks. My right hand fingers went to her head trying to unknot her hair and clasp her head.

Suddenly she broke out ---“No, do not untie the knot dear, please. I do not want to create a scene here.”

We both were heaving in deep long breadth. What has happened felt like a storm crashing on the sea shore.

Paree’s eyes were vibrant again, as if she has returned to her old status.

I wiped my lips, which was by then smeared with the colour of Paree’s bright red lipstick.

I asked ---“Very sweet, very juicy. Ummmmm I love your lips.”

She wiped her lips and mouth with the back of her hand ---“You are very very naughty. Shoo away.”

Her face was lightened up again with a bright smile. I felt good, that she has regained her original nature.

Paree stood up, pulling me by my hand ---“See, it is about 4’oclock in the morning. We need to get some rest. Don’t you ever get tired?”

---“I get tired if you are not with me.”

Paree ---“Hey, bride’s mom has given the groom’s party a room to retire. But all my brother’s friends are with him and my new sister-in-law. The room should be empty. We can really snuggle in there.”

---“But what about your eldest brother?”

Paree ---“Ohh damn shit, yes yes, he might be sleeping in there. So what to do now? We can’t sit in this cold.”

I pulled her again and she bumped on my lap ---“Till you are with me I am not tired and neither have I felt cold, darling.”

Paree ---“This is dangerous out here; someone might have noticed us cozying up ourselves.”

---“Ok, Madam, as you suggest…”

Paree ---“Now let me go from your lap, we can just chat the whole night through. I do not want this night to end dear.”

But she did not tried to get up from my lap instead she wrapped her arms around my shoulder and looked into my eyes. I embraced her narrow waist tightly and pulled her more into me. Her soft buttocks felt like a creamy mass on my thighs and groin. Probably my manliness also felt the heat of her soft fleshy buttocks over him.

We were entangled in a tight embrace.

Playfully combing my hair, Paree asked ---“Sing me a song.”

---“Damn shit, Paree… the dogs will bark asking me to stop.” I laughed out.

Paree ---“Ummmmm…… you sang in the bus. So sing me a song again.”

---“Paree, let us now move. The sun will peep anytime.”

Paree ---“Yes, we should move in the house.”

Chapter 6: Return journey

-----------------------------

The beautiful morning came. A new sun with rose, bringing a new day to our life.

Paree was again lost somewhere in the house. People started to wake up. Eldest brother came to me and asked where I was the whole night. I answered that I was at the pandal only sitting there whole night. He laughed and asked to freshen myself up. The bride and groom and all other will be leaving the bride’s place in few hours from now.

The marriage house slowly started to rumble and drowse itself in the noise of the crowd.

The morning at village is awesome, filled with fresh air. I could smell dews and fresh grass and some heavenly smell.

Someone served the groom’s party, the tea and breakfast. But Paree was nowhere in sight. My eyes were searching for Paree everywhere.

Suddenly I sensed a slap on the back of head.

---“Ouch!!!!” I looked back. Found Paree standing there, totally freshened up. She looked like a rose Lilly freshly drowsed in dew. A vibrant smile all smeared over her face. Not a single sign of tiredness.

Paree in a scolding voice ---“Could not you wait for me for breakfast.”

---“How could I know? You were nowhere in sight.”

Paree ---“Could not you ask anyone about me?”

---“Ok ok, now sit down, and let us finish the breakfast.”

After finishing the breakfast, Paree again went to the bride’s room. Time had arrived for the bride and grooms to leave. That part of the whole ceremony was a real tearjerker.

I looked at my watch; it was about 10 o’clock in the morning, I was sure that we will not be leaving before 11 or 12 noon.

So, when the bride came out of the house for her journey to her husband’s home, tears began to flow from every pair of eyes present over there.

I was quietly standing at one corner. I felt a tug on my left arm. As I looked, I found Paree standing behind me with her face partially hidden behind my shoulder. She was holding my hand very tightly, probably to suppress the tears flooding her eyes. I heard her sobbing and constantly rubbing her nose on the back of shoulder.

I turned my face ---“Hey!!, don’t cry, see, she is your new sister-in-law going to your house only.”

Paree ---“You won’t understand.”

I just put my left arms over her shoulder and cuddled her, rubbed her shoulder to give some comfort to her. She was still having my cream shawl wrapped on her.

There were two cars present at the venue to take us back.

Paree wiped her tears and whispered in my ears ---“I have to go in the bride’s car and you go with Subroto da’s friends in the other car. I do not want anyone to raise any eyebrows and smell something fishy.”

I thought myself that she was right, if we get close to each other in broad daylight then people might smell something fishy about us, which we both can’t afford to have. As our relation was a very very forbidden one.

Our cars started perfectly at the stroke of 12 noon as I expected. It will take about 3 to 4 hours to reach our destination. I was in the front seat, in the back two of Subroto’s friend were seated.

They were conversing among themselves about something which I paid no heed.

One time I heard one of them naming Suchismita.

One ---“Suchismita, was bit different from yesterday night, don’t you think so?”

The other ---“Yes I also observed that she was bit out of herself yesterday night. She is normally very playful person. She can’t keep quiet for a second, but yesterday night we did not hear her voice for a quiet long time.”

---“Very different behavior. What might have caused that?”

---“How can I know?”

One of the friend called me ---“You are Ulupi madam’s Son right?”

I nodded positively and also inside my heart I thought they might have smelled something fishy.

---“Your mom was my school teacher. She used to teach us, she is very strict.”

I laughed out ---“Brother, she is strict even at home.”

We all laughed.

---“Subroto is your Mama (Maternal uncle) right, by relation?”

I said --- “Yes, but there is a huge age difference between my mom and all siblings of Subroto.”

Oh, god, thanks, they have not smelled anything unusual.

---“Suchismita, is your aunt, right?”

I nodded affirmatively.

One of the person offered me a cigarette ---“You are in college so you do smoke. Come on do not be shy, treat me as your elder brother and not as a Mama even if we are your Mama’s friend.”

I politely denied his offer of cigarette.

---“I have quit smoking.”

---“Oh no, I saw you puffing yesterday night, alone on that road while I called you for dinner. Don’t be shy.”

Oh! My god, he saw us together?

I gathered some courage ---“No, actually I quit smoking only yesterday late night.”

Both laughed out their heart ---“So, probably you have found someone in the bride’s house who asked you to quit smoking.”

One asked me do I drink or not. I answered affirmatively. I drink only vodka and rum. They said to me that they have arranged for a party at the evening and they will take me with them to join the party.

The conversation went on.

I came to know the name of Subroto’s friends. One was Samir who was of 28 years and another Mriganko who was also of same age. Both are doing some government job. Both were unmarried. We got friendlier and they ask me to join them as a friend so that I should not feel lonely.

I also came to know that Subroto’s marriage was a love marriage later arranged. Bride’s name was Maithili, she was of the same age of Paree, might be few months older than her. They meet each other in a family gathering and they fell in love. Later the eldest brother Sumanto saw her and approached her family to get them engaged.

Thus how the two love birds, Subroto and Maithili were joined.

In my mind I was thinking, I have got more than I expected, the dream girl my angel.

Time flew by; both the cars were moving in tandem, did not stopped in the whole journey.

At last the journey ended.

Chapter 7: Dark truth unravels

-----------------------------------

Everyone from groom’s house was present at the door step to greet the lady. My mom, her aunt, Meghna, and lots of ladies were there to greet the newly wedded bride. Paree was smiling and giggling with Maithili. They two have got friendlier during the journey.

My eager eyes were looking at her, when she will give a look at me. I slowly walked up to mom. I looked back searching for dad; he was standing at one corner. Dad called me asked me was everything alright at the bride’s house or not. I answered him affirmatively.

As Paree ushered Maithili into the house, she glanced at me. Our eyes met. There was only a quiet smile on her lips and she vanished into the crowd.

Mriganko asked me to join them at his place. His house was near to this one. I told them I need to change myself from Dhuti and Punjabi before going out.

As I entered the house, my mom caught me and asked about the shawl. I said that the shawl was with Paree.

My mom questioned me, why have I given that to Paree. I told her that she was feeling cold so I gave her that to wrap around her. Mom appreciated me for my did. As I was about to enter the restroom to change, I saw Paree entering our room. She playfully embraced my mom from back and over her shoulder glanced at me. She still has not changed her dress. Mom scolded her and asked her to freshen up herself.

Paree asked my mom, whether she has talked with her mom about her ambition or not. My mom said that, to night after the entire crowd gets settled and all the rituals gets finished up then they will have a family discussion regarding the matter. Paree kissed my mom on her cheeks.

Paree ---“You are my darling Didi; from now on I will call you ChotoMa. Can I?”

Mom patted on Paree’s cheeks ---“You are always the apple of my eye; forever. Come sit by my side. I want to see you with my heart’s content.”

I stood at the doorway of the rest room looking at the ladies deeply engrossed in their affection. My mom looked at me.

Mom ---“What are you looking at, go away. This is pep talk between a mom and her daughter.”

Paree lied on the bed placing her head on my mom’s lap. Mom affectionately combed her plaids with her fingers and looking at her.

I entered the rest room to freshen up and change my dress.

When I came out after changing my dress, I saw Paree sobbing, hiding her face in my mom’s lap. Mom had tears flowing down her cheeks, gently rubbing Paree’s back, consoling her.

I looked at mom and enquired as what happened. Mom asked me to leave them.

Same time I heard Mriganko calling me. I went outside leaving those ladies crying. Only thought that swirled in my head was what on earth could have happened that brought tears in their eyes.

Mriganko escorted me towards his home. On the way he said that Subroto would also join us in the party shortly.

On reaching his house, I found Subroto was already present. We settled down in his room.

Samir was the bartender, the glasses were filled up. We cheered for Subroto’s marriage and we all laughed as he was the first among us to get married. So it would be a big day for Subroto tomorrow.

The conversation flowed as well as the glasses. Samir had brought vodka for drinking. Our conversation turned to girls. Bartender Samir was aptly looking at every glass so that the drinks must keep flowing. Subroto and Mriganko felt tipsy. I and Samir were in full control on ourselves.

The alcohol took it reins in the veins of both.

Mriganko suddenly said ---“I had a crush on Suchismita for long time.”

Subroto patted his back ---“Oh come one, you coward, you have not told her once in your life time.”

My ears got red. I forgot to take a sip the moment I heard that. I took a deep breath.

Mriganko ---“Due to your elder brother, I could not gather enough courage to approach her.”

Subroto ---“My brother is like my dad. He is just like a coconut, Man. Hard shell on outside but soft and juicy inside.”

Mriganko ---“Ok, then, I will approach Sumanto Da, asking for her hand.”

Suddenly a gush of blood raced to my head. I felt like punching Mriganko hard on his face. But I controlled myself. I poured down the whole glass down my throat.

Subroto pointed at me and said ---“This guy, Abhimanyu has to say something. Don’t you?”

My ears became hot as if someone poured down lava on my head. I reached for the bottle of rum, opened the cork with my teeth and gulped the neat rum. I could feel the burning sensation as the alcohol travelled down my throat.

I clenched my teeth and looked at Subroto ---“What have I to say?”

Subroto ---“Anything about your girlfriends or anything tasty spicy.”

A huge load came off my chest, Oh my god so no one has yet smelled anything fishy.

---“I do not have any girlfriends in college. Everyone is book worm bitches over there.”

On hearing that everyone laughed.

Mriganko ---“I want to marry Suchismita, please Subroto.”

Subroto looked at him ---“Do not even think of that now. Paree has definitely something in her mind and that is why his mom, Ulupi di, has been invited to my wedding.”

He looked at me ---“I can sense a huge storm coming and that will happen either tonight or tomorrow. I have vague memories of my childhood days, but I have heard that his mom once did a lot for our family and Paree specially, when my father passed away. I have heard that she used to maintain our family as if her own, we were only mere children then. She bought us clothes to wear and fed us during that time. Many years have rolled down. Something happened between our families which resulted in cut-off of our relation. And I am sure, for whatever reason Ulupi di has arrived will make a mark in our family.”

All the affects of alcohol vanished from my brain while Subroto was telling these.

Subroto also kept his glass down; I could see tears in his eyes also as my gaze became hazy.

Samir sensed that the situation was taking a serious turn to a tearful situation. He tried to talk some nonsense to douse the situation.

But Subroto was nowhere in stopping mood. He took my hand and asked the reason why my mom has arrived.

I was now in a very peculiar situation, whether I should tell or just keep mum. Everyone looked at me expecting something.

Subroto ---“Let me talk. I am definitely aware of the reason why our families have not come along together for long time. The reason is my two elder sisters, Indrani di and Chandrani di. They got somehow married to some wealthier families and they became egoist. They tried to forget the people who helped them in past. For whatever reason Ulupi di has come, I will stand by her side.”

I felt in my mind that I must tell them the reason.

---“My mom has come only for Paree Mashi. Paree Mashi wants to pursue her higher studies and become a teacher, but there was a furious objection from your family, from your two sisters mainly.”

Subroto patted my shoulder ---“Do not worry, anything, your Paree Mashi will pursue whatever her heart wants to. Today I will speak. I will not get suppressed by my sisters today.”

Just then Dushtu came running into the room. He was panting hard. He said that we have been called at the house. Some meeting was going to happen in the dining hall.

Subroto and I both looked at each other. All the drowsiness vanished. We hurried down to the house.

As we entered the dining hall, we found every one seated. Dad, Mom, then Grand Aunt, then Indrani and Chandrani along with their husbands, then Shasanko and Meghna and eldest of all Sumanto.

Paree stood behind my mom with her arms around her shoulder. Subroto looked at me gave me a thumbs up sign.

Indrani ---“Ulupi di, see, no ladies in our family has graduated. But we continued Paree to pursue her studies. I see no harm now to get her married. We will definitely get a well placed groom for her also. See us, Chandrani and I both got married to well to-do families.”

Chandrani nodded in accordance with her elder sister.

My mom ---“I just want to say that; what is the harm, if Paree pursues her higher studies?”

Chandrani adamantly said ---“No she can’t. By her age I was wife of someone.”

Subroto spoke up ---“What Ulupi di is saying has to be obeyed. Paree will continue her studies as her will.”

Everyone in the room looked at Subroto. Probably Indrani and Chandrani did not even expect that Subroto will give his view regarding this matter.

Shasanko spoke ---“Subroto, you are young so do not meddle in elders.”

Chandrani ---“Has any one asked your opinion, here?”

Subroto ---“I am a part of this family. I should have a say.”

The matter was getting worse. I saw Paree’s eyelids soaked in tears. Grand Aunt looked at Paree. Paree was holding my mom as her last straw.

Grand Aunt asked Sumanto about his opinion.

Sumanto ---“I think that Paree should be allowed to pursue her studies, in the mean time we will search for a suitable groom for her who will not oppose her studies.”

Paree nodded her head ---“No, I do not want to get married now. You all want that I leave this house.”

Mom tapped Paree and requested her to keep quiet.

Indrani asked my mom ---“Why have you come to our family after so long?”

Grand Aunt; in a scolding voice to Indrani ---“I have asked Shasanko to invite her. Do not ever try to say those words to Ulupi.”

Indrani ignored her mom completely---“We two sisters have done lot for our family, what has she done? What say she has here after seventeen long years?”

There was a dead silence in the room. Bomb has been dropped.

I saw rage in mom’s eyes. She spoke in a bit shaky yet commanding voice ---“Do not ask what I have done. I have come here only for Paree, and I will make you all obey my orders. You all want to hear the reason.”

Everyone in room was looking at my mom. Grand Aunt pleaded my mom to keep quiet.

Grand Aunt ---“I will allow Paree to study. Please Ulupi, please keep quiet.”

Mom ---“No, they have asked the reason why I am here. They should know.”

She looked at Chandrani and Indrani ---“You father passed away, when Paree was only one and half years old, and my son was in my womb. There was no one to look after all of you. Every one of you was little children then. Aunt used to cry all time. Shasanko left his school to work in a rice barn, so that he could buy some rice for you. Those five years of my life, I gave my earning to your family. I fed you all, it is me due to whom you all are here and standing in one piece and you are asking me that what I have done?”

Grand Aunt took my mom’s hand in her and asked her to stop. Paree looked at my mom’s face with tears rolling down her cheeks. But my mom showed no sign to stop. There was a pin drop silence in the room. Subroto looked at me as I looked at him.

---“I fed Paree, my breast milk along with my son. Every one of you cursed Paree to be evil child. You all use to say that she took her father away. I tore my heart into two so that she can live.”

Subroto approached my mom; he kneeled down and sat by mom’s feet. Everyone in the room, except Indrani, Chandrani and their husbands, had tears in their eyes.

My dad stood up from his chair and silently walked away from the room, hiding his emotions.

Mom continued ---“If I could show you my heart, I would even show you that. Paree is not my daughter, but she is like a daughter to me. I have not come here for anyone of you. I know you all are rich people now. Your heads are filled with your rich ego as both of you are married to business families.”

Paree and Grand Aunt were crying profusely. I was also unable to control my tears.

Mom ---“Tomorrow, after everything ends. I am going to take Paree with me to Kolkata. I will ensure that she gets admission in the best college of Kolkata University and she pursues her studies. From now on I will bear every penny for Paree. I give a damn to what all you say or feel or do.”

A long sigh came out from my mom’s chest. Paree was really uncontrollable by then. She sat on the floor beside my mom’s chair hiding her face in my mom’s lap and cried profusely.

Shasanko and Sumanto got up from their chair, approached my mom and bowed down to touch her feet.

The whole scene seemed to me as a big family drama, full of emotions running down from everywhere.

Sumanto spoke up ---“I am with Ulupi di. I think she has every right to take away Paree from us. We all forgot what she did for our family.”

Sumanto then dropped the atom bomb ---“Day after tomorrow, the first thing I am going to do is mutation of this property. This property will be divided in seven parts.”

Indrani queried ---“Why seven parts, we are six siblings only?”

The Lion roared ---“You just keep quiet. Each part, for us and one for Mother. She has her right to give her part to whomever she chooses.”

Shasanko nodded in accordance with his elder brother.

---“I don’t want this discussion to happen outside this room and mar the enjoyment of the marriage of Subroto. End of discussion, chapter closed. Now everyone retire to your work.”

The whole discussion has taken a fair amount of time. It was already nine o’clock at night.