RRR MOVIE Discussion Thread

ADMIN :D
Senior Moderator
  • The scale and epic execution. Only SSR could've pulled this off.​
• Old school action scenes. There are no rapid cuts and that's a huge relief, you can clearly sense and appreciate each move

• Pre-Interval setup. Massiest scene

NTR and RC acting. Perfect.

BGM.

• Foreshadowing - SSR is a master of this. Be it the 'Cost of a bullet' scenes, animal scenes, Bheem's ayurveda skills. Chef's kiss 🤌

• Duality. Both the character arcs follow the Fire-Ice duality to the end. And it's fascinating. With different motives and common goal, the character decisions feel organic, and this elevates the decent plot to great levels.​

Senior Moderator
Alia's character. After the highs of Sivagami and Devasena, we are back to a female lead who is nothing more than a plot convenience. She's a deus ex machina of sorts who pops up to give audience an idea about background, stakes and clarifications. Her scenes were inorganic and unfaithful to the rest of the story.

Weak Antagonists. SSR prides in creating memorable and powerful antagonists. Remember when you wondered how a fly could defeat a powerful man, or how a reckless Shiva could defeat the mighty Bhallaladeva? Well, none of that stuff happens here. The two main charcaters are shown so strong that the antagonists feel like minor inconveniences which they have to overcome.

Weak Climax. The whole agenda of RC's character was to get weapons to the people of his land. That was a juicy setup for an all out war. But no, just two characters bulldoze and overcome an entire cavalry of British soldiers/special soldiers.

Unconventional logic at places. Ram's wolverine like healing capabilities, Bheem's inconsistent strength.

Having said that, I would still urge people to watch and experience this spectacle. Movies like these hardly come once 3-4 years.

My rating - 4/5

How does this move get away with non-sensical things and people crap on Salman Khan movies like Race 3?? I thought the movie was absolutely pointless (I'm fine with suspension of disbelief but this movie pushed it to the Max)

Ramcharan battling at least 100 people at the same time and winning

Everyone is a gymnast

No such thing as recovery time (NTR rubs a few plants on RCs wounds and he is healed from everything like snake bites and broken bones)

Literally throwing 1 human being at another Human being like a bowling ball (happens at least 6-7 times)

NTR using a motorcycle as a club to whack everyone around him (I thought John Abraham was ridiculous but this beats that)

And many many many more

From a script standpoint so much lazy writing

RC and NTR have a bromance within 20 seconds of saving that boy from drowning

All sins are forgiven/forgotten and offence taken in 20 seconds

This is one of the worst movies I have seen so not sure if all the positive reviews are meant to be signalling to make Tollywood feel more inclusive and open it up to audiences in the north?

Senior Moderator
RRR in top 5 highest grossers in India in just 5 days.
f0os0lgmvjq81.jpg

Senior Moderator
Performance of Recent South Dubbed movies in North India
Box Office

cttmel8pp2q81.jpg