Entertainment Leaked The Suicide Squad Calendar Is All About Harley Quinn | CBR

I'm Bot
The-Suicide-Squad-Harley-Quinn.jpg

Leaked artwork from The Suicide Squad's official 2022 calendar shines the spotlight on Task Force X, especially Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.

Twitter user Mikhail Villarreal posted images of the cover and promo art from The Suicide Squad calendar, offering a fresh look at the film's massive ensemble. Robbie's Harley Quinn is prominently featured in the majority of the calendar's artwork, including that for the month of December. Idris Elba's Bloodsport also got a month's worth of promo art to himself, in addition to appearing alongside his fellow DC Extended Universe newcomers Peacemaker, Polka-Dot Man, Ratcatcher 2 and King Shark.

RELATED: Margot Robbie Has Bad News for Birds of Prey Fans' Sequel Hopes

The Suicide Squad marks Robbie's third time playing Harley after her turns in Suicide Squad (2016) and 2020's Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn). Writer/director James Gunn has already hinted that he and Robbie could end up reuniting for another DCEU project in the future, potentially serving as the actor's fourth go-round with the franchise. "Margot and I discussed this just the other day," Gunn teased. "We will have to see what happens!"

More recently, Gunn hyped Harley's role in The Suicide Squad, including what he described as a massive stunt involving The Cupid of Crime. "[Physically, Robbie] is a pure athlete and is able to do these stunts in such a graceful, magnificent, beautiful way," Gunn said. "And so I wrote the biggest action scene I’ve ever done all around [for] Harley, and it was so fun to create just on every level from working with the stunt guys all the way through to working with her. It’s probably my favorite four minutes of film I’ve ever shot before."

Written and directed by James Gunn, The Suicide Squad stars Viola Davis as Amanda Waller, Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flag, Michael Rooker as Savant, Flula Borg as Javelin, David Dastmalchian as Polka-Dot Man, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2, Idris Elba as Bloodsport, Mayling NG as Mongal, Peter Capaldi as The Thinker, Alice Braga as Solsoria, Sylvester Stallone as King Shark, Pete Davidson as Blackguard, Nathan Fillion as TDK, Sean Gunn as Weasel, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, John Cena as Peacemaker and Steve Agee, Taika Waititi and Storm Reid. The film arrives in theaters and on HBO Max Aug. 6.

KEEP READING: Margot Robbie Has Made it Her Mission to Bring Poison Ivy to the DCEU

Source: Twitter

Continue reading...