News Priyanka Chopra speaks on facing racism in USA; says, 'The country took so much from me, but gave me respect, Nick and my family'

I'm Bot
Bollywood's Desi Girl and global icon, Priyanka Chopra is celebrating her 38th birthday. She is one of the rare Bollywood, who is making a big name in the west. Though the actress revealed that it was not an easy path for her. The Bajirao Mastani actress spoke about facing racism in USA and told PinkVilla, "Of course, my struggles were real; everyone's is. But I choose not to talk about it or be a victim of those situations. I have always learnt one thing from my dad. When you fall down, you pick yourself up and move on. So I keep thinking about the next big thing I could do, next thing I could learn, the next glass ceiling I could break."

She further said, "There was one time when America took so much from the country and I was like, 'Get lost, I'm going back to India', because I felt too small as a teenager. But it was also because I was insecure. So now when I went back this time, I was a lot more secure in my own feet. The country has given me respect, my family, my husband, my home and a different career that I started in my 30s."

On the work front, Priyanka Chopra will be next in The White Tiger opposite Rajkummar Rao, which is a Netflix film. It is adapted from Aravind Adiga's prize-winning novel of the same name. The film will be helmed by Ramin Bahrani. It follows the extraordinary journey of a self-made man from being a tea-shop worker in a village to a successful entrepreneur in a big city.

Continue reading...

ThreadRadar: Bro's Picks for You

G
Replies
Views
Grey Shadow
G
G
Replies
Views
Grey Shadow
G