Entertainment Tom Hiddleston Thought Loki's Infinity War Death Was His Final Appearance

I'm Bot
Loki-Death-Tom.jpg

Ahead of the premiere of Loki on Disney+, Tom Hiddleston revealed he thought Loki's death in Avengers: Infinity War would be his final appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

"It felt very, very final," Hiddleston told Entertainment Weekly. "And I thought, 'Okay, that's it. This is Loki's final bow and a conclusive end to the Odinson saga."

RELATED: Tom Hiddleston Taught 'Loki School' to His Disney+ Cast and Crew

MCU fans may recall that Loki was supposed to be killed off in 2013's Thor: The Dark World, but the studio decided to change the plan thanks to fans' adoration of the lovable sometimes-villain. As such, Loki returned in the Taika Waititi-helmed Thor: Ragnarok in 2017, before being killed by Thanos in the opening moments of Infinity War. The death scene found Loki giving an impassioned speech about making peace with the anger he felt toward Thor and the rest of his family before having his windpipe crushed by Thanos.

Following Loki's death, the character returned thanks to the time travel in Avengers: Endgame, with the God of Mischief stealing the Tesseract and escaping from S.H.I.E.L.D. It was at that point that Hiddleston started questioning Loki's future in the MCU. Specifically, the actor recalled thinking, "Where'd he go? When does he go? How does he get there? These are all questions I remember asking on the day, and then not being given any answers."

RELATED: Loki TV Spot Confirms He Shares Thor's Big Fear

In the same interview, Hiddleston reflected on what it's been like to portray Loki for more than a decade, noting, "I've been playing this character for 11 years. Which is the first time I have said that sentence, I realize, and it [blows] my mind. I don't know what percentage that is exactly of my 40 years of being alive, but it's substantial." Hiddleston also described his relationship with Loki not as "ownership" of the character, but as a "sense of responsibility" to Marvel fans to give them the best Loki possible.

The official synopsis for Loki reads,

Picking up immediately after Loki steals the Tesseract (again), he finds himself called before the Time Variance Authority, a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space, forced to answer for his crimes against the timeline and given a choice: face deletion from reality or assist in catching an even greater threat.

Loki stars Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Owen Wilson as Mobius M. Mobius, Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Ravonna Lexus Renslayer, Wunmi Mosaku as Hunter B-15 and Sophia Di Martino, Richard E. Grant, Sasha Lane and Eugene Cordero in undisclosed roles. The series premieres June 9 on Disney+.

KEEP READING: Loki’s First Clip Has a Subtle Callback to 2012’s The Avengers

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Continue reading...

ThreadRadar: Bro's Picks for You

G
Replies
Views
Grey Shadow
G
G
Replies
Views