That Novel Corner - Collections of Chinese,Japanese and Korean Light Novels

C

Cloud_Jade

fCMYeo-fD3crHgtrJFNj-BJ8R-mIjiBiiBGk01bXbe4m74kwbXV5jDdNxb3ZFyGMkCzKb2_DAuEKyoNmBWi7Y6oyC6bwd2Qg2tWRsBdz68OuKME_pJKPysU1WKhoTciL8Xi2kv3J

DasRay and the team here, long time no see.

Hopefully everyone is doing well during these tough times, stay home and be safe.

Some better news for a change, we bring you, volume 10 of Regarding That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

EPUB & PDF (Now includes mobi. file for Kindle!)

Slime Reader

A huge thanks to everyone that has worked on the volume. We had limited manpower during this period and the editors and proofreaders deserve a good rest after their input in this long volume.

Recruitment window is now closed, thank you for your support!

You are all truly wonderful, have a good one..

C

Cloud_Jade

Volume 11 hell yeah

DasRay and the team here, long time no see, now we bring you Volume 11 of “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime”.

Epub & PDF ( Drive contains Coloured Edition)

Slime Reader (Will be updated soon)

This time around, we are very excited to bring you a special edition with coloured illustration. This is not official colouring done by the illustrator of the Light Novel Mitz Vah, so please consider this a fan interpretation of the illustrations. These amazing colourings were done by Theri (@jetsettheri), go support his work at his twitter handle.

With that being said, I would like to apologize beforehand regarding the quality of one specific chapter, I don’t think I’ve disclosed this publicly before, but members of the team are very aware of my criticism (or distaste) for some of Fuse’s writing, and this certain chapter embodied everything I hate about this series’ writing.

translating_chapter_1_be_like_improved.png

Rare footage of DasRay snapping during translation

I think most would understand why once they read the chapter, I (and Anna because I was mentally exhausted halfway through) finished translating so it last and it was edited hastily as well, I’ve also deliberatedly asked the team to focus more on other chapters, so expect the quality to be low. I take full responsbility for the possible displeasure it will cause for the readers, but please try to understand, I don’t get paid enough to fry my head with garbage. Luckily, even if you choose to ignore this chapter completely, it will not affect your overall experience with the volume’s story whatsoever, so rest assured in that regards.

Nevertheless, we hope you all enjoy the conclusion to the Western Nations Arc. From Volume 12 onward, Rimuru and his companions would begin their rivalry with the Eastern Empire.

Regarding future translations

With volume 11 comes the end of the Western Nations arc, and it also marks the sixth volume we have translated. We have grown from a small team of 4 people to now a much more competent group with over a dozen editors, proofreaders contributing to the translation. Personally as the transaltor, I would like to thank each and every member of the team, whether you are those who had become inactive, left the group, or newly joined members, thank you all for your hard work, it has been an arduous but enjoyable journey. And on behalf of the team, I would like to thank you, the fans of the series for your continued support of our fan translation.

On that note, I would like to announce that I will be taking an indefinite break from translating to focus on my personal life, another hiatus you may say, but just for myself. You may have noticed in the credit that we have had the pleasure to recruit our Korean translator Anna. In the past few volumes, Anna has only worked on small bits of the volume, but after volume 11, she will be tackling the majority of the volumes, likely for the next few entries.

It is likely that the next volume would take a longer time to come out, but do be reminded that we are not on official hiatus, however, there likely will not be an estimate for volume 12 any time soon, please be respectful and patient during the wait.

And that concludes about everything we have to say. Hope you all enjoy the new volume, have a good one..

C

Cloud_Jade

teaser.jpg

Hello everyone, it’s been quite a while since you’ve heard from us. Not to worry, I bring you good new, as we’re close to finishing volume 12.

Follow our progress live on Slime Reader: https://tensurafan.github.io/

We’ll see you again at the end of this month, I thank you for your patience!.

C

Cloud_Jade

coveren.png

Hello everyone, Voxel and the team here, standing in for DasRay. I know, it’s been a really long time, but now we finally bring you Volume 12 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.

Epub & PDF or Slime Reader

We are once again excited to bring you another special edition with colored illustrations, once again done by the talented Theri (@jetsettheri), go support his work at his twitter handle.

Aside from that, this volume will set Rimuru and his gang up for the epic showdown with the Empire, which will fill up the entirety of the next volume. We hope to bring you that one as well.

Regarding Various Name Changes

You heard that right. Moving forward, we’ve discussed changing a number of names and amending a few mistakes of the past, a luxury that digital releases allow us. Another luxury that digital releases offer, is the ability to pick your own names using our very own Slime Reader. Please do check it out, if you aren’t satisfied with the default name choices or just want to pick some really funny ones.

Some of the previous choices were based on the obsolete Web Novel translation, others were simply what we picked at the time. Either way, these are some of the notable changes:

Ruminas → Luminas (Including all other names related to her, starting with an R)

Seven Celestials → Seven Luminaries

hero and Chosen Hero → champion and Hero

Yuurazania → Eurazania

And a few more. Our previous works will be updated over the following days. Of course, these changes can be reverted using Slime Reader, if you so choose. Suggest additional name choices here: https://forms.gle/ouGH6zuAesejVJKM7

Regarding Future Translations

We will continue with volume 13 next, and might see some new, and maybe some old faces working on this one. Either way, you can follow our progress live on Slime Reader.

And that concludes about everything we have to say. I Hope you all enjoy the new volume, have a good one..

C

Cloud_Jade

Dear readers,

as you may or may not have known, I have previously translated two interviews with Fuse and Mitz Vah featured in volume 8.5. I had posted them to pastebin, where one of them has been privated due to the site’s TOS change. Our team has since decided to update the interviews to a pdf file and later integrate them to slime reader. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PDF

Cheers,

DasRay & the team.

C

Cloud_Jade

minicover.jpg

Hello everyone, Voxel here again.
As you’ve probably noticed, progress has all but stopped, the indicator on Slime Reader wasn’t wrong. We had, however, finished half of the volume, so to make sure it didn’t go to waste, we’ve filled the remaining gaps (mainly chapters 3 and 4) with machine translations from the website DeepL. We then got help from CharVANder, who you may already know from her own “Fixed DeepL” releases of later volumes, some of which we’ve already collaborated on. She fixed up the rest of the volume; you can thank her for making this release finally possible.

EPUB & PDF (Mirror) or Slime Reader

Going Forward

Translators and editors are hard to come by, and working on a whole novel is a lot of work, especially with each volume getting longer than the last. So, going forward, we’ll continue collaborating with CharVANder to make the most out of DeepL’s translation engine. With that, you can expect very fast releases going forward, as we will be keeping pace with Japanese releases.
More polished releases like we’ve been striving for in the past are sadly too much work for the current team, so please support the official releases for something more professional from now on.

Thank you for all your patience until now, we hope to see you again in the future..

C

Cloud_Jade

coverensmall.jpg

Hello everyone, Voxel here.
Kept you waiting for this one, huh? Well, unfortunately it’s the first fully DeepL translated volume lacking a Japanese proofread (the same can’t be said for the upcoming volume 15, stay tuned). But that doesn’t mean that this work doesn’t adhere to our standards, in large part thanks to the ever-helpful CharVANder.

With this, one of the two missing volumes is added, bridging the gap between our previous translations, and the later volumes, allowing you to catch up with the latest Japanese releases.

Anyway, without further ado, links are below.

EPUB & PDF (Mirror) or Slime Reader

As always, feedback is welcome. Please leave it here: https://forms.gle/UUmkEyvNDShd5RGNA

See you soon for volume 15, hopefully around the end of the month!.