Health Health News

I'm Bot
India’s Covid-19 fatality rate is “progressively falling” and is now below 2.5% for the first time, the health ministry said on Sunday, underlining that efficient clinical management of hospitalised patients and contact tracing had helped keep the death rate at one of the lowest in world. Currently, India’s case fatality rate (CFR) is at 2.49%.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
The patented drug is manufactured only by Switzerland-based Roche Pharma and marketed in India by Cipla, he said, adding that since May, as many as 6,400 tocilizumab injections have so far been imported in Gujarat.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
The FDA said Saturday that it reissued an emergency use authorisation to Quest Diagnostics to use its COVID-19 test with pooled samples.It is the first test to be authorised to be used in this way.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
The number of cases in late June surged higher than during the outbreak’s first peak. At this same time, daily COVID-19 fatalities decreased slightly, leading President Donald Trump to proclaim that deaths were “way down.” But that divergence may have come to an end two weeks ago, when the average number of new deaths per day began steadily rising again.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
SII, the largest vaccine manufacturer in the world, has been chosen by Oxford and its partner AstraZeneca to manufacture the vaccine once it gets ready. The interim results from the ongoing Phase I/II COV001 trial, led by Oxford University, showed that the vaccine was tolerated and generated robust immune responses against the SARS-CoV-2 virus in all evaluated participants, AstraZeneca said in a statement.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
Scientists at Oxford University say their experimental coronavirus vaccine has been shown in an early trial to prompt a protective immune response in hundreds of people who got the shot.

Continue reading...

I'm Bot
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) chief Shekhar C Mande sought to bring clarity on the issue in his blog post referring to findings of various studies and said, “All these emerging evidences and arguments suggest that indeed airborne transmission of SARS-CoV-2 is a distinct possibility.”

Continue reading...

ThreadRadar: Bro's Picks for You

G
Replies
Views
Grey Shadow
G
G
Replies
Views
Grey Shadow
G